Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Catching up

Well, I spent the holiday weekend goofing off. It was pretty nice. I had all these things that I wanted to get done, but instead I played video games. I think I'll blame the weather. It's still so sticky around here. Ugh. If I wanted sticky Summers, I'd move to North Carolina. At least then, I'd be surrounded by GREEN.

I watched some fireworks last night. I don't get a great view from my front walk, but I also don't have to worry about drunk drivers on the way home. It started drizzling about halfway through the show. It felt really nice to stand with my bare feet on the still-warm sidewalk, with cool rain showering me. Meanwhile, of course, the clouds were reflecting the colors of the biggest and boldest explosions.

An hour or two later, it started pouring, which thankfully shut down all of the people firing off illegal fireworks. Despite all the rain, we are still in a drought, yet that never stops people from having their own shows. There were still 1 or 2 people doing firecrackers as late as 2am.

Did I finish my BFAC? No. I did get back to work on it today, and I hope to make some progress while my friends are over tonight. I really have a lot of other ideas that I want to get to this Summer. I must get motivated!

I did finish reading Circle of the Moon over the weekend, and I did a bit of work on my own book. So I wasn't completely lazy. Just mostly.

I'll be posting important news about my hiatus tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment