Friday, July 01, 2011

Greenman Earrings

I'm always looking to add to the variety of faeries, creatures, and mythological figures in my jewelry. I bought these Greenman charms from Earthenwood Studios some time ago and finally got around to turning them into a pair of earrings, and thus this leafy guardian spirit joins my cast of characters! The Greenman Earrings are available in my Etsy shop.

Are there any fantasy creatures that you'd like to see available in my shop that aren't already there? I do plan to make a new Medusa necklace, since I sold the two I already had. I'd love to get my hands on a Naga focal, too, maybe a centaur, maybe another weird Garuda/tengu (I'm wearing mine right now!). How about a Kitsune? Or maybe a Griffin, I can't believe I've never done that before. And since the Sphinx bracelet sold, I should probably make something with the vintage glass Sphinx cab that I have hidden in my stash. Hmmm...

3 comments:

  1. What about that half horse mer creature?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hippocampus! And it's what I was thinking of too. I love hippocampi, they're so implausible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good one, Jodi and Cara! I'm thinking I've seen them on vintage cabs and/or buttons. Heraldic creatures like that tend to be easier to find on things.

    ReplyDelete