Thursday, June 24, 2010

Happy Fairy Day!

Today is Fairy Day, and I would have forgotten all about it if not for Facebook! Thank goodness for Twig the Fairy!

I did two and a half things to celebrate. First, I finally photographed and listed Miss June, the faerie pin-up girl inspired by the Egg Moon challenge back in April. I also decided to have a faerie-themed sale in my Etsy shop, so you'll find 9 faerie, elf, and dryad items in the Sale Section, with discounts of up to $25.

The half thing is that I'm wearing one of my favorite shirts, this tanktop, but I put it on before I knew what day it was, so it doesn't really count ;)

10 comments:

  1. I had no idea today was Fairy Day! I love that! Do you mind if I ask where you found that cute cab for your necklace? That looks like a vendor I need to spend $ on ;-) Your necklace is darling - love the seed bead work with the fairy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Silver! The cab is actually a vintage porcelain button. I bought half a dozen of them from an Etsy vendor. They're made by Birchcroft China. If you find a source for more, please let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fairy button! You make really great necklaces out of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Marilee! I only have one unused button left :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll keep an eye out. The coolest stuff is always the hardest to find!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried Googling around to find more today and had no luck. Apparently Birchcroft also makes collectible thimbles, and despite the fact that I searched for "Birchcroft Buttons" I kept getting thimble collector sites.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It helps to block out what you don't want -- I did: birchcroft beads -thimble and got this list, but they seem to be mostly animals instead of fairies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, I missed fairy day- I sorta knew it was in June, but that was about it.

    That necklace is lovely, by the way! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oops, that list is from:

    birchcroft buttons -thimble

    ReplyDelete