Monday, June 07, 2010

Dancing this Friday

One of my goals for 2010 was to find more opportunities to dance in public, and I'm happy to say that I'm succeeding so far. I've been invited to perform at a small hafla (belly dance party) here in Tucson this coming Friday. I'm excited, because it's my first Tucson performance, and a bit nervous, because I won't have my huge Plaza de Anaya dance family there to stroke my ego. But I will have my real family, some friends, and the Tucson dance community there, so it should be fun.

Mostly I'm happy for the chance to get to meet more local dancers, and see them perform. I had already intended to attend the hafla before I was invited to dance, as I'm really trying to get more involved with the local community. There's talk of more workshops, haflas, student nights and other fun dance-related events, and I want to make sure that I don't miss any of it, and that I do whatever I can to help make them successful. It's my dream that someday the Tucson dance scene will be just as vibrant as the Phoenix area one, even if it is smaller.

No comments:

Post a Comment