Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Getting things done

I decided to start with my writing yesterday, since it had a definite deadline. I wrote my convention report, but it's way too long, so today I need to pare it down and then work on my related articles. Everything will be posted at Collector Times on Friday, and I'll share those links then, in case any of you want to know what all I was up to while I was gone.

Although the whole Comic Con experience was exhausting, and I didn't get enough sleep, and I really abused my back, shoulders, and legs, I feel somewhat refreshed by it. I definitely needed a break from the hassle of getting settled into the house, and it's good to go and meet a bunch of people who share your interests and are just as enthusiastic to be there as you are.

I'm feeling pretty inspired, too. I want to make time to bead again, I want to keep working on my book, I want to dance, and after going to the steampunk panel, I really want to learn how to sew and get busy making Victorian-inspired clothes. I'm not quite sure how I'm going to get all this done, but I have a feeling it's going to involve less time on the internet and video games, and maybe less time watching DVDs, and just more discipline in general.

But the important thing right now is to get some articles written! Everything else has to wait until next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment