Friday, September 21, 2007

Class and things.

Tuesday through Thursday is turning into a rough time for me! Chinese class itself is very easy right now; I already know all the words and grammar rules that we're learning, so it's just a matter of practicing how to say and write them properly. Honestly, I get pretty bored in class. But there's so much homework! I feel sorry for anyone who has made this class part of a full workload. The homework isn't even that difficult, it's just very time-consuming to write all those characters. As such, a good chunk of my daytime on Weds and Thurs is spent doing the homework that was assigned Tuesday night. It doesn't help that we have a game on Wednesday nights, which really can't be moved because everyone already planned their work and class schedules around it (yes, it's that good).

In other news, I had a lot of fun on Talk Like A Pirate Day. I indulged in a little pirate speak, and cobbled together a makeshift pirate costume, which of course involved a lot of jewelry. I really do enjoy any excuse to dress up in a costume. Was it just me, or was there less of a big deal made about Talk Like A Pirate Day this year than there was last year? Are most people pirated out after three Pirates of the Carribean movies? Is the trend slowly dying out? Are the ninjas winning?

On the bead front, I've only made one necklace this week. I got distracted by aforementioned homework, and working on my book. I think I'll spend some time in the beadroom this weekend, looking for new inspiration.

3 comments:

  1. I think some folks are pirated out. However, look at this picture of Jim Rigney as a pirate:

    http://nielsenhayden.com/makinglight/archives/009390.html#009390

    Happy Equinox tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, I thought Blogger made URLs into links. Here you go:

    Jim as pirate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He made a good pirate! I may have no longer been a fan of his writing, but I'm sorry for his passing.

    I had a nice Equinox... and tomorrow/today is the Chinese Lunar Festival!

    ReplyDelete