Sunday, September 02, 2007

Another Teaser...

While I am enjoying the professional feeling that having an official "Fall Line" gives me, I am by no means going to go to a strictly seasonal-line-based business model. It's certainly nice to have a wonderful selection of jewelry that coordinates with the styles that are "in" at the moment, but as an artist I also have to follow my muse. That means that there will still be some pieces that are in whatever colors and styles tickle my fancy. This is one of them.

A tiny Sterling Silver pixie rests beneath a lampworked flower bead by Jennifer Kelting, surrounded by a garden of vintage and modern flowers, Swarovski crystals, and Sterling beads. It's all strung on super-fine Sterling chain, upon which the beads can slide freely. Bright blues and greens blended with the clean neutrality of white hearken more to the crisp colors of Summer than the subdued elegance of Autumn. Pixies are contrary creatures, and wear whatever color they like, no matter the season.

I entered this necklace in the August Art Bead Scene contest, which had a Midsummer Night's Dream theme. I didn't win, which is a shame because I really wanted those Green Girl beads! Nonetheless, it's always fun to participate in ABS's challenge and see how other artists interpret the theme. If you want some eye candy, check out the flickr album!

No comments:

Post a Comment