Friday, June 29, 2012

Yellow! Yes, Yellow!

For the past year or so I've been attempting to broaden my color horizons, both in my personal wardrobe and in the jewelry that I make to sell. Yellow is a color that I really struggle with. I use it as an accent sometimes, but in general I am not a big fan of it. Bohemian Summer Crystal Bracelet is my attempt to embrace yellow! I've accented the Swarovski crystals with some of those exciting new hybrid seed beads (Japanese seed beads with Czech coatings/effects on them) in brown-mottled turquoise green. I've seen a lot of this yellow and turquoise combo lately and I'm surprised by how much I like it!

I'm really happy to see boho styles maintaining popularity, too. Living in a hot climate, I really like to wear lightweight, flowing garments during the Summer, and the boho prints really go well with my collection of tribal jewelry and my long hair. Hanging out with a lot of belly dancers, I see a lot of creative ways of combining clothes that are in style, bits and bobs from our costume collections, and unique jewelry -- especially after a gig, when we've changed out of our costumes but we still have a few accessories hanging around!

2 comments:

  1. Pretty bracelet! I rarely wear or draw with yellow, either - but the Summer of Color is challenging me with the latter. I'm getting ready to start a daffodil ACEO tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the flower ACEOs you've been doing, and daffodils have such a cool shape.

    ReplyDelete