Monday, November 14, 2011

Terpsichorean

 Yay, I made something! I've been sick for a while and I wasn't up to beading, but now I am better and overflowing with creative energy! I have so many cool new and old beads to play with. I started by making a birthday present for my teacher Jolie, who likes black and brown and grey all together. The necklace is built around a banded agate focal, and features sardonyx, pyrite, Swarovski crystals, and a few Afghani coins.
Oh, and this lady! How cool is she? Beads Galore had bunches of these vintage Japanese stamped glass charms and I HAD to have them! I loved them so much that I also HAD to put one in Jolie's necklace, and I thought it would be cool to silhouette her against an old coin. The necklace is called Terpsichorean, because Terpsichore is the Greek muse of dance and she has a really fun name to say.

7 comments:

  1. Before the rheumatologist I Liked left to do something she liked better (her major was Public Health), I wove her a necklace in greens and browns through tans. When she opened the package and looked at it, she held it next to her top and then her pants. I said "You always wear those colors!" and she laughed and agreed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some people really do make it obvious what colors they love :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uhhuh, and is this why you have purple next? The cover for my Kindle is a very pretty purple.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is pretty! If I ever get an eReader I might get one of these covers that my teammate makes: http://www.etsy.com/listing/76989847/sven-the-ereader-cover-monster

    I actually had purple next because I found a few purple items that looked nice together and built the treasury around them. LOL. But there are a few people who always make me think of purple :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I've seen that one before, but that would make it even harder to put in a pocket. Even this one only fits in the pockets of one coat. I read from the kindle last night and I'm going to have to figure out how to hold/prop it so my neck isn't twisted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's definitely more of the sort of cover you'd use if you're going to just carry it in your hand, or in a really big bag.

    ReplyDelete