Saturday, March 31, 2012

Allegory Gallery: Seelie Bracelet

 Spring is here, which means it's time for cute little sundresses! And cute little sundresses need fun, casual jewelry in Spring colors! Thankfully I had these funky bright green beads from Allegory Gallery, just waiting to be made into the perfect bracelet. They're some sort of glass with an interesting coated and drizzled effect. I haven't seen anything like them before and I'm curious to see how they'll hold up. Allegory Gallery also provided the silver-lined clear cube beads. I don't often use cubes in my beadweaving, but they make really cute spacers, especially since this bracelet has a rectangular focal.

And what a focal it is! The little charm is a pewter piece from Green Girl Studios. The back features a quote from a WB Yeats poem: "Come away oh human child, to the waters and the wild." I love the poem and I love the faerie. I have 3 or 4 of these charms, so since this is a bright Seelie bracelet for Spring and Summer, I think I'll make a dark Unseelie one for Fall and Winter.
 Little Swarovski crystal bicones in Light Olivine add just a touch of sparkle. The glass beads have large holes, so the 3mm crystals help keep everything lined up perfectly. Plus I really feel that a bracelet like this looks better with 3 types of beads than two.
Check out what the rest of the team is up to!


Rebecca Anderson

FTC disclaimer: Some beads in this post were provided for free in return for promotional consideration.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! That green is such an unusual and pretty shade. And of course, the GGS charm is lovely. I don't know that particular poem, I'm going to go look it up now. I look forward to seeing the winter version!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Great bracelet!

    ReplyDelete